It’s not always easy, this writing thing. Even with all the writing prompts I collect (I am currently filling a second journal with them!), I still sometimes have no clue what I should write. It can take time to get those creative juices flowing.
On the one hand it can be a nice break for my brain. On the other hand, I feel completely out of sorts when I am not writing something – anything.
What do I do when I’m in a creative slump?
Well that depends on my mood. If I am also feeling unmotivated to do much of anything else, I do something lazy:
- Veg on Netflix or some other Roku channel – movie or TV series marathon!
- Read – magazines, a book, whatever is handy.
- Listen to music while drinking copious amounts of tea.
- Call my mom and chat away for an hour.
If I have a great amount of energy during these slumps, I do more active things that help me to clear my mind so creative thoughts can more easily enter my mind.
- Walk – being in nature is a huge help!
- Hang out with a daughter.
- Hang out with the bestest.
No matter what I do, I always come away with ideas for new projects. It is great!