I’ve said that a lot goes into publishing an ebook, so I thought I’d give you a glimpse into what a typical three-day publishing event looks like for me. Keep in mind that a whole lot more is done before I get to this point, and even more will be done after this short period of time.
(A couple of hours)
- Do another edit & change what needs it in the manuscript
- Create a physical folder for the manuscript, etc
- Print promo plan & begin filling it out & go over it to see if I need to add anything else; add to folder
- Put previous drafts in folder
- Get in a nice long walk and some relaxation and pampering activities – it is going to be a long week!
Activities on May 22, 2018
(All day & into the evening – Literally)
- Start the day with yoga session, a hand weight session, and a healthy breakfast – it is going to be a long day and I’ll need the energy
- Add front matter to the ebook, creating a new dedication & letter to readers
- Add back matter to the manuscript, including an excerpt from another story
- Perform a last grammar/spell check
- Save to OpenOffice/Word/the cloud
- Create a story excerpt in Google Docs & also save to OpenOffice
- Print story excerpt
- Create a description
- Create quotes for graphics
- Create graphics for quotes & download
- Create book cover & download
- Create description graphics & download
- Pre-publication newsletter
- Set a schedule in planner for posting quote graphics to social media
- Share a story quote on FB & mention I’m getting ready to publish
- Decide on price for story, keywords, & categories
- Send to KDP for publishing
Activities on May 23, 2018
- Capture story on Amazon, so it goes onto my store page
- Change FB cover photo to a quote graphic for the story
- Add to Google Sheets promo schedule & add those dates to planner
- Newsletter to let readers know story has been published
- Blog post to let readers know story has been published
- Update VisualCV
- Announce on Instagram
- Announce milestone on FB page
- Write to blog posts & schedule to post later this week
It’s been a very busy few days, and this is my last thing I’m doing – writing and scheduling this blog post to go live in a few days. I can’t wait for that last walk, and I’m hoping it doesn’t rain on me!
There’s still so much more to do, but I’ve put a good dent in things.
Mind you I am also doing other writing related activities on these days, such as my 20 minutes of daily promotion for other books, blogs, and the site.
Have a great day 🙂